The Last of the Mohicans is an Italian animated historic adventure television series that was based on the second novel of the same name that is a part of the Leatherstocking Tales pentalogy by author Fenimore Cooper. It only consists one season and 26 episodes and also it was distributed by Mondo TV.
From the second novel of the same name of the five novels by Fenimore Cooper set at the time of the North American colonial wars (1740-1806) come the adventures of the frontier hero, Hawkeye and the noble warriors Uncas and Big Snake, the last survivors of the noble descendants of the Mohicans.
In the bloody backdrop of war which rages in the forests and on the banks of the Great Lakes, the English hunter and the two Mohicans find themselves involved in conflict with the fierce Huron chief, Magwa, and in a story of impossible love with the young English women Cora and Alice, the daughters of Colonel Munro, barricaded in Fort Henry and under siege by the French.
Through traps, ambushes, fires, raids, encounters with enemy spies and firefights with hostile tribes, the three heroes and two girls, accompanied by the clumsy doctor David Gamut and the bear Nootka, undergo a long journey in the wilderness, managing to overcome the racial and cultural barriers which divides them.
Cast and Characters
- Hawkeye: Voiced by Mel H. Moviss (English)
- Uncas: Voiced by Francis Pardeilhan (English)
- Alice Munro: Voiced by Flaminia Fegarotti (English)
- Cora Munro: Voiced by Katie McGovern (English)
- Big Snake: Voiced by Ted Rusoff (English)
- Magwa: Voiced by David Traylor (English)
- David Gamut: Voiced by Unknown (Both Italian and English)
Differences to the novel
- In the novel, Hawkeye has the age of Big Snake, and not about that of Uncas, as it seems in the animated series.
- In the novel is the eldest daughter of Cora Munro, while in the series the greater Alice.
- In the novel, eventually Uncas and Cora dies, while Magua is killed by Hawkeye.
- In the novel, David Gamut is not an English medical doctor, but he is a music teacher.
- In the animated series, Alice gets engaged to Hawkeye, while in the novel, she is married to Duncan.
- In the novel, Uncas and Cora were never engaged.
- The characters of Little Dagger, Yaku, Nootka and White Doe does not exist in the novel.
Template:The Last of the Mohicans